A Disclaimer

"Abuse" is a powerful word. Yet fitting. Some of the cruelest forms of abuse are invisible, hidden, covert and ambient. I am not a professional but I have de-coded the mind invading games of abusive people. Though I don't intend on making light of this subject, one has to have perspective when realizing how ridiculous the games are. Like the little man behind the curtain of OZ, once you strip away the ruse, YOU get your power back. If you can catch it while it's happening, you can avoid becoming brainwashed and a target to these types of people.

This site is for ANYONE who has suffered from an psychological abuser...and even those who ended up being abused in more overt or physical ways. Anyone who needs healing, of any sex, color, age, creed, background or culture. It doesn't matter if you dated, were married to, related to or worked for....anyone who's been abused this way can benefit. Abuse is not a "female" problem. It is a HUMAN problem.


"WHEN PEOPLE SHOW YOU WHO THEY ARE, BELIEVE THEM."-Maya Angelou

Search This Blog


robert bonfils, 1960

24.2.10

Why does he pick us? Part one


Then why us?

A few years ago, psychologist came out with a term called “Emotional Quotient.” This was to measure a person’s emotional capacity, versus “Intelligence Quotient”, otherwise known as IQ.

There are many people with above average IQ’s, who score low on EQ. A high IQ means that you are often successful, cerebral, driven, intellectual and can function just fine in society….even if your EQ is low.

A high EQ can exists even if a person’s IQ is average or below. ….but a high EQ is a rarer breed than a high IQ.

Trouble I think can certainly ensue, for those with a high IQ AND a high EQ. Not only does one with a higher IQ have more awareness of the world, ponder the existence of man and generally over-analyze and think too much, but coupled with a high EQ, they also feel everything intensely. I believe artist, musicians…creative types in general, probably score highest in EQ, with or without a high IQ.

We all know the measurements for determining IQ. But what of EQ? EQ is one’s ability to feel compassion, empathy, lack of prejudice, ability to put themselves in another’s shoes. it’s the ability to understand how another person may feel or think in a given situation, even if they themselves have never fully experienced it. It is the ability to love, forgive, to nurture and care for, and most importantly to be able to get out of one’s self and sublimate personal needs for the betterment of other’s. it’s the ability to understand rather than to be understood, to comfort rather than be comforted, and to over all want to make a difference and do good in the world. It is not fame seeking, social climbing and it is not shallow….a person with a high EQ sees the hearts and souls of others, not the bank accounts, job positions, material possessions, name dropping or body image of others. It really could care less about how one looks or what they drive, it cares more about the heart and soul of the person.

High EQ people are very sensitive and often tragedies around the world can deeply affect them, whether they know anyone in the areas or not. The nightly news can trigger disturbing thoughts. Those with high EQ are prone to depressions and anxieties, and coupled with a higher IQ which is more likely to be aware of many injustices and craziness in the world, it can really become a tormenting way to live, if there isn’t great love and support around these individuals.

And those with high EQ are susceptible to being abused.

Abusers have a very low EQ. Oh, they feel greatly about themselves, and their feelings, but their ability to feel for others is limited, indeed. Often, a mark of an abuser is their inappropriate emotional responses. They will laugh and seem un-affected by things most would find disturbing, and they react with anger and rage towards kindness and love shown to them.

In most cases, they are very backwards in their worldview, emotionally. Which is why you will often see them professing love for those who are just like them, and seeming to hate those who offer them what would be considered a normal, healthy love and relationship.

Do people with EQ also have an above average naivetivity? That will be discussed in the next post.

1 comment:

  1. OH, YES. AGAIN, YES!!!

    I read "The Essential Difference", by Simon Baron-Cohen... and I scored 100% (!!!) at reading facial expression. And also got the maximum score at the "empathy test". So, according to the book, I AM TOTALLY AN EMPATHETIC PERSON, though I have also a high IQ.

    Having said that, it's easy to understand why he picked me up: I would provide the best help attending his website (a Spanish one, as I'm excellent at correcting and at grammar and all that stuff -in Spanish, my mother tongue-, and,
    as I am also so empathetic, I would work for free, attentively, no faults, no mistakes, taking care for the text as well as for the author, saying nurturing words to make him feel the best of writers...

    And it was what I did. And one day I saw he only wanted me for that reason. For service, for intellectual supply. He didn't want me to stop. So he abused me, giving me the silent treatment, trying to make me feel the worst of women... but it was SO CRUEL, that this time I didn't play his game. No, I got out. It was too much, and he knew I didn't deserve that.

    So the time has passed, and he's still there, now giving up his cruelty, trying to hook me again with little kind words so that I forget everything and change this site for his.

    Hahaha.......... no, no, my dear X, I still love you, it's why I go on learning... to see if I can understand you.

    ReplyDelete